Flu Shots Medical Treatment Care in Venice
5 Benefits Urgent Care Offers
1. Competitive Rates – Compared to a visit to the emergency room at the hospital, our urgent care facility in Venice is a far more affordable option.
2. Follow Up Care – When you visit Venice Urgent Care our physicians conduct follow up care to ensure you are healthy and comfortable after your initial visit.
3. Onsite Medication – At Venice Urgent Care you don’t have to make your way to a pharmacy after a visit because we provide in-house medication for prescriptions our doctors write.
4. Physicians – When you come to our urgent care in Venice you get to see an actual doctor with years of medical experience; whereas at most hospitals, you see a nurse or physician’s assistant first.
5. Minimal Wait Times – As our Venice walk-in clinic doesn’t accept appointments, you can visit anytime before 30 minutes of closing. Unlike hospitals, our wait times are minimal; allowing you to get care next to immediately after arriving.
6 Interesting Flu Shot Facts
- Between 1976 and 2007 80 to 90 percent of people who died from the flu were older 65 years of age.
- Flu vaccinations work by antibodies developing in the body, approximately two weeks after administering, which serve to protect the body from a particular string of the influenza virus.
- The flu vaccine can be injected or administered through a nasal spray.
- Everyone six months and older is recommended to have the flu vaccine by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- You should seek a flu shot shortly after the vaccines become available.
- You can get a flu vaccine at Venice Urgent Care, your doctor’s office, and most major drug stores.