Flu Shots Medical Treatment Care in Venice
Vaccination for Seasonal Flu
Our office offers seasonal vaccines that help to prevent outbreaks of influenza. We encourage our patients to get their flu vaccines at least twice a year.
Resources on Flu Shots
Why You Should Get a Flu Shot for Your Child
5 Benefits Urgent Care Offers
1. Competitive Rates – Compared to a visit to the emergency room at the hospital, our urgent care facility in Venice is a far more affordable option.
2. Follow Up Care – When you visit Venice Urgent Care our physicians conduct follow up care to ensure you are healthy and comfortable after your initial visit.
3. Onsite Medication – At Venice Urgent Care you don’t have to make your way to a pharmacy after a visit because we provide in-house medication for prescriptions our doctors write.
4. Physicians – When you come to our urgent care in Venice you get to see an actual doctor with years of medical experience; whereas at most hospitals, you see a nurse or physician’s assistant first.
5. Minimal Wait Times – As our Venice walk-in clinic doesn’t accept appointments, you can visit anytime before 30 minutes of closing. Unlike hospitals, our wait times are minimal; allowing you to get care next to immediately after arriving.
6 Interesting Flu Shot Facts
- Between 1976 and 2007 80 to 90 percent of people who died from the flu were older 65 years of age.
- Flu vaccinations work by antibodies developing in the body, approximately two weeks after administering, which serve to protect the body from a particular string of the influenza virus.
- The flu vaccine can be injected or administered through a nasal spray.
- Everyone six months and older is recommended to have the flu vaccine by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- You should seek a flu shot shortly after the vaccines become available.
- You can get a flu vaccine at Venice Urgent Care, your doctor’s office, and most major drug stores.